Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. Just what they sound like! These cookies are meant for the cookie connoisseur who has superb tastes in only the finest chocolate chip drop cookies.
These cookies have soft centres and crispy edges which results in a cookie that everyone enjoys! They aren’t thick but they aren’t thin, just right in between. Their texture also makes it so that they will last in a cookie jar for days after being baked, but I’m pretty sure they won’t last that long.
First, cream the butter. I prefer to use a spatula or the paddle attachment when using my mixer.
Mix in the sugars…
…and then the egg and vanilla. Mix well!
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Then incorporate into the butter mixture.
Chocolate chip time!
Ready for the oven now…
Soft and Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes ~3 dozen cookies
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c chocolate chips
- 1 c walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter and the sugars until the mixture is fluffy. Incorporate eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the bowl with the butter mixture and combine. Fold in the chocolate chips, and walnuts (if using).
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 2 hours. In the last 30 minutes of chill time, set the oven to 350 F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll into balls (approx 1 inch diameter) and place two inches apart on the cookies sheets.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 8-10 minutes*. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!
*Cookies are ready to be removed from the oven when the edges are browned and the centres are still somewhat soft. They will continue to cook as they cool. Overcooking will result in hard cookies!
By the way, I passed my drivers test.